Homemade mushroom gummies are a tasty way to incorporate the benefits of medicinal mushrooms into your diet. Medicinal mushrooms like reishi, lion’s mane, and chaga are known for their potential health benefits, including immune support and cognitive enhancement. Here’s a basic recipe for making mushroom gummies at home:
- 1 cup mushroom tea (made from your choice of dried medicinal mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons gelatin powder (or agar agar for a vegan version)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Silicone gummy molds
- Prepare Mushroom Tea:
- Choose your dried medicinal mushrooms (e.g., reishi, lion’s mane, chaga) and make a strong tea. You can do this by simmering the mushrooms in water for 30-60 minutes. Strain the liquid and set it aside.
- Combine Ingredients:
- In a saucepan, pour 1 cup of the mushroom tea. Heat it over low heat, ensuring it doesn’t boil.
- Slowly add the gelatin powder to the warm tea while stirring continuously to prevent clumps.
- Once the gelatin is fully dissolved, add honey or maple syrup to sweeten the mixture. Adjust the sweetness to your taste.
- Mix Thoroughly:
- Continue to stir the mixture until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into Gummy Molds:
- Carefully pour the mushroom mixture into silicone gummy molds. You can use molds in various shapes and sizes.
- Fill the molds to your desired gummy size.
- Chill and Set:
- Place the filled molds in the refrigerator for about 30-60 minutes or until the gummies have completely set.
- Remove from Molds:
- Once the gummies are set and firm, remove them from the molds. Gently push on the bottom of each mold to release the gummies.
- Store the mushroom gummies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should stay fresh for about 1-2 weeks.
- Consume the mushroom gummies as needed. They can be taken daily as a dietary supplement for potential health benefits. The flavor and texture will depend on the type of mushroom tea and sweetener you used.
Keep in mind that the flavor of these gummies may be earthy or woody due to the mushrooms, so adjusting the sweetness to your preference is essential. Additionally, consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating medicinal mushrooms into your diet, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medication, as they can interact with certain medications or medical conditions.