Most software developing companies are switching to test automation, realizing its substantial impact in speeding up software delivery. This is validated by the statistics that recent research reveals, which predicts the global automation testing market to reach USD 89.81 billion by 2030.
However, code-based automation testing is not entirely flawless and has its challenges. Manual effort is still needed to develop initial testing scripts, and companies are facing a shortage of skilled people who can write and maintain these scripts. Moreover, writing these scripts is time-consuming, delays the testing process, and consequently slows the development process.
The invention of scriptless testing has emerged as a lifesaver for companies facing the challenges posed by code-based testing. In simple terms, scriptless testing refers to automating tests without developers needing to create coded scripts.
It has helped to bridge the skills gap, allowing even non-technical people to test complicated software and easily detect errors and bugs. Here are the three key benefits that scriptless testing provides:
- With quicker automation, the delivery of products to market is faster.
- Since there is no need to hire programming experts, there is an overall reduction in automation costs.
- Scriptless tools are easier to use since they have a simple interface that allows even non-programmers to test by giving instructions in simple English.
If you haven’t already switched to scriptless testing, it’s time you did so and reaped the above priceless benefits and more that this revolutionary testing process offers.
However, not all scriptless tools can help you get the most out of your testing efforts. Therefore, you must carefully evaluate the available tools and make an informed decision after weighing their pros and cons.
In this blog, we provide a list of the top scriptless testing tools with their key features to help you zero down to the best scriptless testing tool for your testing needs.
The Top Five Scriptless Testing Tools in 2023
Following is our hand-picked list of top scriptless testing tools and their details. We hope this list will help you select the right tool for your testing project:
TestGrid is one scriptless test automation platform that is making waves in the software testing arena. Companies using TestGrid are impressed by its robust, AI-powered features that allow testers to pinpoint flaws and bugs in even the most complex applications. Additionally, TestGrid stands tall among other automation tools as it provides a host of capabilities under one roof, including cross-browser testing, API testing, and more.
- Lets you automate test cases using simple keywords
- Uses AI to auto-heal and access the code
- Facilitates robotic test automation
- Robust test data management
- Allows auto-generation of SAST reports following every build execution
- Offers support in the form of detailed documentation and quick answers to customer queries within 24 hours
- Lets you reuse test cases, preventing the need to rewrite them repeatedly
- Saves you time by letting you conduct tests in parallel across multiple browsers and devices
It is a popular cloud-based testing platform that many organizations rely on for mobile and web app testing. The tool provides capabilities for continuous testing, interactive testing, cross-browser testing, and more. It also facilitates real device testing for all applications.
- Offers enterprise-level security and stability
- Support for frameworks like Xamarin, React Native, and Flutter
- Offers smart analytics that helps testers give quick feedback and fix issues faster
- Integrates seamlessly with tools like Eclipse, IntelliJ, Appium, Espresso, Quantum, TestNG, and JUnit
- Ranorex Studio
This codeless tool has attained popularity due to its robust features and simplicity of use, enabling anyone to test applications without deep programming knowledge. It lets you run tests on all popular web browsers, desktops, and Android or iOS devices.
- Lets you record and automate tests on real mobile devices
- Enables keyword-driven testing
- Allows you to easily record and replay test automation workflows
- Lets you build automated tests without writing code with its capture and replay functionality
- Provides strong object recognition to track the UI elements of your web, mobile, and desktop applications
This versatile scriptless tool is another favorite of QA teams and software developers due to its ease of use and straightforward features like its eye-catching dashboard that you can personalize to your requirements. Apart from its cross-browsing capabilities, the tool is known for allowing you to add all the applications you need for your project in one place, reducing the operational time of your project.
- Lets you control user access to projects by setting customized access levels
- No programming knowledge is required to run automated tests
- Integrates easily with Jira, Jenkins, Slack, and other popular tools
- Takes screenshots of your application to compare them with baseline images
- No complex setup is required to start your test automation project
- Katalon Studio
This scriptless testing tool allows the testing of websites, web services and mobile applications. It has a simple record and playback mode lets non-programmers create and run automated tests. This easy-to-install and set-up tool supports Java and Groovy programming languages.
- Allows you to test on real devices
- Offers frameworks like Flutter, React Native, and Xamarin
- Offers customer support through contact form, chat, and email
- Provides insightful test reports that facilitate better monitoring and collaboration among teams
All the scriptless automation tools listed above can speed up your testing process and enable quicker delivery of software products to the market. Among the tools listed, TestGrid is the scriptless tool most organizations trust for their test projects, as it provides powerful features that most other tools cannot match.
With TestGrid, you can run automated tests on web and mobile apps in minutes with its AI-powered features. In addition, you can run API tests, conduct cross-browser testing, get useful performance metrics, and more without installing third-party apps.
With TestGrid, you can conduct robotic test automation to automate OTT devices and POS devices or even run scriptless automation tests for voice-enabled devices like Alexa or Google Home.
TestGrid’s cloud infrastructure enables QA teams to conduct tests remotely from anywhere, globally and anytime. All these priceless features make TestGrid the perfect choice for your automation testing requirements.